Trapped by Success!
Are you now strapped for "time"?
Working locally, following the directives made by central government and devoting 100% of our time and focus in supporting Wiltshire and Swindon's SMEs, we have gained a wealth of intelligence around the many barriers to growth businesses are experiencing.
Before I continue its worth highlighting that "Growth" is very much a buzz word coming from all directions along with varied understanding of what does this actually mean? Ok, so here's the headlines from the research undertaken from the "scale-up institute" which is a private sector-led organisation that is focused on closing the ‘scale-up gap' by creating a supportive public and private sector ecosystem that enables scale-up companies to fulfil their potential.
Irene Graham, CEO of the Institute said: "We have a tremendous opportunity to turbo-charge the UK into being the best possible place to scale and grow a business. Getting the right solutions at a local level across skills, finance, infrastructure and networks is key. How we use data effectively to identify our scaling businesses so that they can get the right support at the right time is essential. The Institute will play its full part in taking this vital work forward with the Government."
So whilst this sounds great, what real help is available locally to those successful businesses and entrepreneurs who are working long hours with seemingly no end in sight and are quite literally trapped in their own success? Those businesses who are unable to work any harder and consequently the business is stuck and left, may simply plateau or even slip backwards.
Many successful business owners are clear on their business plan and their end goals. However having the extra skills to know "how to do this" is all too often the barrier to enable this step change.
With "Business Consultants, Advisors, Mentors, Coaches" available in abundance, how can you source the particular expertise you need and to walk with you to implement the "how" to do what you want and need to do?
For the life cycle of your business and whatever changes occur, SMEs can 100% rely on Inspire, locally known as Wessex Chambers and Wiltshire's biggest business network for impartial advice and support along with links to the 80 relevant experts within both the private and public sector offerings.
Top 10 Tips to unleash your success and not be captured by it !
1. Outsource, as you grow, you cannot do everything or be expert at everything.
2. Be clear, you vision, your goals, communicate and stick to plan.
3. Test anything new to establish if it will drive the business in the same direction of your business strategy.
4. Don't be afraid to put the brakes on if something is not working well as expected.
5. Benchmark, understand your competition, the market, the outputs to measure, maintain and improve productivity. What does good look like?
6. Listen, most of all to your customers and act. Know your market and its potential.
7. Love your people, they are likely to be your biggest cost and your biggest asset.
8. Make time to work "on you" for "you to work on the business". Making the transition from working in the business is likely to be your biggest challenge!
9. Don't cut corners, get the right advice from the right professional, you get what you pay for.
10. Be smart, take the shortcut where there is no risk, utilise the wealth of expertise simply contact YOUR Inspire Team as there is not another local hands on business service quite like it! 01225 355553